The coaching section of the MistryWorks site is currently being updated and will be available soon. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact Pratish Mistry directly on pratish (at) mistryworks (dot) com. In the meantime, below are some frequently asked questions about coaching:
What is coaching?
Coaching is a facilitative process that helps an individual or group:
1) identify and articulate what they want to achieve;
2) determine how they might get it; and
3) sustain their motivation until they do
What is the difference between coaching and counselling?
1) Counselling generally aims to solve problems by understanding what happened in the past. Coaching is almost exclusively future-focused.
2) To counsel means to give advice. Coaches do not give advice – instead they use various techniques to facilitate the process of an individual finding the best path for themselves.